[At the April 2019 meeting of the Medford HC, this property was found to be NOT historically significant, and the demo permit was granted.]
The Medford Historical Commission has received an application to demolish the *house and* carriage house at 45-47 Mystic Ave. A Massachusetts Historical Commission Form B was recently prepared to detail the history of the property, including the carriage house building.
Horse Racing & the Medford Mustang
For a peek at the life of “Honest” James Golden, a famous horse trainer at the Mystic Trotting Park and beyond, check out the Form B.
Image of the 1872 race of Lucy and Goldsmith Maid, from the Library of Congress
The Commission will post additional information to this page as review of this demolition proceeds.
[Updated April 11 – At our April meeting, the application for demolition of the house and garage at 45-47 Mystic Ave was approved, as these were NOT found to be historically significant.]